Employer/Location: Akron Children’s Hospital / Akron, OH
The Director Support Services plans, organizes, directs and controls operations essential to goal achievement for multiple cost centers in Food Service and Nutrition and Environmental Services, and Linen across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Ensures all regulatory compliance; maintains infection control standards and sanitation standards for staff, production, and environment.
- Maintains involvement in professional organizations to keep current in trends, practices and technologies.
- Ensures safe handling of food to meet Health Department and TJC standards.
- Maintains quality assurance and performance improvement. Coordinates QAPI activities.
- Ensures department equipment is adequate.
- Works with Nutrition manager for hospital diets and menus.
- Negotiates vendor contracts and maintains relationships.
- Maintains policies and procedures in accordance with administrative directives and professional standards.
- Promotes customer service and patient satisfaction.
- Honoring cultural diversity regarding provision of food selections, holiday decorations, and other traditions.
- Human Resources Management: Demonstrates the skills associated with efficient management of human resources.
- General Management Responsibilities: Carries out the leadership and administrative responsibilities of management in an accurate, timely and results oriented manner.
- Other duties as required.
- 7+ years of experience in food service management is required.
- Knowledge of food service and environmental service regulatory compliance requirements is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Lean in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- Knowledge of Cbord software is preferred.
Education and Experience
Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field is required.
Registered dietitian (RD) is required.
Certification: Serv Safe certification is preferred.