Employer/Location: La Grande, Oregon
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of programs, standards, and performance of The Grande Ronde Hospital (GRH) food and nutritional services delivery systems that maximize customer satisfaction, optimize clinical nutritional care, complement the organizations’ strategic goals, and meet or exceed regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Conceptualizes, designs, implements, and coordinates Food and Nutrition Services operating systems, programs, and policies to ensure that all services are provided in an operationally cost-effective, safe, and high-quality manner.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the facility Food & Nutrition Services to ensure their effective collaboration in the provision of patient, cafeteria, and catering.
- Ensures on-going compliance with all applicable standards, regulations and requirements of Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
- Recruits, orients, trains, evaluates, Food & Nutrition staff.
- Collaborates with Grande Ronde Hospital Administration, physicians, peers and staff to meet their needs for high quality, cost-effective food and nutrition services.
- Ensures cost-effective service delivery by developing, monitoring, and controlling payroll, non-payroll, and capital budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Develops and achieves short and long-term operational goals that complement and support the GRH Strategic Plans. • Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Lead and drive change
- Motivate and manage front line staff and help develop department
- Build positive working relationship with all levels of staff
- Reliable, organized and dedicated
- Excellent communication skills
- Manage day to day operation, take ownership and hold staff accountable
- Minimum three (3) years of related management experience within the last five (5) years
- Strong knowledge of all areas of hospital foodservice operations, with demonstrated ability to provide high-quality patient, cafeteria, and catering services.
- Strong systems analysis and developmental skills, with particular emphasis on computerized food service management systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal and State and local laws.
- Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Licensed in the state of Oregon with 3 years foodservice management experience within the last 5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and/or nutrition science, food service management, or related field, OR Master’s degree in food and/or nutrition science or related field required